August 26, 2011

i didn't know

we walked noah
to the bus
for the first time
this morning
we stood around
he saw his friends
and when the bus came
he hopped on
he sat next to a friend
and then another kid sat next to them
by the time i spotted him
i couldn't help it
i was trying to wave goodbye
with a happy, brave face
but i couldn't quite keep it together
and i think noah might have seen
but when they pulled away
i balled
and another mom who was fine
saw me cry
and it made her cry too
i had no idea
i'd be that mom

7 comments:

Natalie Smith said...

I will be that mom too :(
how can you not? it is a big scary world out there.

andre'a said...

oh French, I heard that the partings never cease as a mother. ouch. how i love you!

Brooks and Heather Lively said...

I think people who aren't that mom are crazy! Your first kid going to kindergarten is a big deal! I am excited to hear how his day went, hopefully he loved it!

Daniel, Sara, Dmitri & Paige said...

Aww! There are so many emotions that go through you, watching them grow. It's hard not to just start balling! I hope he has a good day at school, and you and the girls don't get too lonely without him!

Monica said...

Call me crazy...it hasn't happened yet, but I've only sent 3 out of my 4. There's still hope.

Brianne Pitts-Wells said...

I am positive I will be that mom too. Ryan starts preschool in a few weeks. I may just break down.

Kelli Dixon said...

Oh man, I cried just reading about you crying over it... and I still have a good three years until the time comes!