October 19, 2010

a freehand dress for olive





i'm loving being able to sew again
within the last day 
i've sewn hazel and olive each a new dress
hazel hates hers (of course) because it's fall colored
not ultra girly
so she tried it on but only because i bribed her
with coloring after
so the next thing i sewed was this dress for olive
who appreciates (doesn't protest) what i make
i didn't use any sort of measurement 
not even a piece of her clothing to compare
but it fits her perfectly
hooray!

9 comments:

Natalie Smith said...

She seriously has the prettiest big brown eyes! Goodness. What a sweetie pie!

Marilou said...

She is a doll! And great job on the dress!

Daniel, Sara, Dmitri & Paige said...

SO CUTE!! I love what you did on the sleeves!

The Cornett Family said...

So Cute! I want to see Hazel's!! You are so dang talented!!!! (Or should I say "sew" dang talented???)

Monica said...

She is so precious! And you are so crafty!

Jazzy said...

Okay--so do you love, love Olive's thick dark, gorgeous hair or do you LOVE, LOVE it? Just curious.

Laurel said...

You are so talented! Her dress is adorable!

Brianne Pitts-Wells said...

Could she be any cuter? No I don't think so. I love the dress and you are so talented. Nice work Rachael (on the baby and the dress)

Lyd Stew said...

Wow- Olive is really beautiful! I love your blog- your posts are so fun and REAL... it is like you are writing down my day. :) I miss you by the way. Good thing you blog... next best thing to the "real thing". :)