August 25, 2013

it is my birthday

let's face it, sunday birthdays can kind of be the worst
unless you start them the day before (holla!)
we started with breakfast at magleby's 





then we shopped at city creek and i spent some birthday money
it was lots of fun
and we found a new chipotle in salt lake to eat at
delicious
then we let the kids play at ikea
and we enjoyed the break
also, i took a pic of my new bag michael got me for my b-day
and the new wallet i found to go with it
i looove them!
then michael and i finished the evening watching a lifetime movie called escape from polygamy
it was pretty good :) 
then today on my actual birthday michael had meetings before church
....and after 
but my sweet friend natalie did sharing time for me today and that was a huge relief
and one of my favorite presents (thank you, natalie!)
after church i napped while the kids and michael cleaned the house
to get ready for kate and erin to come over!!!
it was so fun to see them!!
 michael is so sweet and got me my favorite ice cream cake from dq 

 i took this year's wish verrrry seriously

the kids were so cute eating together


it was a super great birthday
here's to being twenty eight!

10 comments:

Kate Clayton said...

Thanks for having us! We love you guys! Here's to having a great year! :)

Shirley said...

Happy Birthday! Looks like everyone had a great time.

Laurel said...

Happy Birthday!!

Erin said...

Happy Happy Birthday Rachael!!! We had such a good time! We've missed all our friends so much!! It was nice to feel so at home!!

Natalie Smith said...

You are just adorable! Happy Birthday! Glad it was a great day.

Monica said...

I'm so glad you mentioned that Sunday birthdays can be a bit of a bummer~ I've thought it, but never wanted to admit it. Looks like it was a great one, though.
I love that Hazel doesn't mind being the only one decked out in a princess dress. She's so my niece.

Christie said...

happy birthday! twenty eight feels about the same to me as twenty seven. I hope you love it though!

miriam said...

Sounds like a perfect birthday! I have no experience being 28, but so far it seems to suit you :)

Brianne Pitts-Wells said...

Happy belated Birthday! I can't believe you are so young! And with a ton of kids! Just kidding. You look beautiful and are such a good mom! I am glad that your special day was great!

andre'a said...

what a happy, HAPPY day, French! so glad that Michael made your day so great.