January 13, 2013

my whirlwind trip to washington

one of my siblings has been having a hard time
so we all met up in washington this weekend to see each other
and give support
it was just us---no kids, no spouses
my brother chris and i flew stand-by together there and back
we left friday evening and didn't make it there until midnight
 we mostly all just came and spent saturday together
we went to azteca in kent for old time's sake
it was delicious and so much fun
here are all six of us kids
 then we thought it would be fun to drive by our house
the one we all grew up in that my dad and grandpa built
and my parents sold 8 years ago
we even got brave enough to drive up and ask to look around (outside)
and the renters there were super nice and let us
it was so much fun to be there all together after all these years
here's the bottom of the hill
the sports court as you drive up
it's even for sale which kills me
it's still the house i dream of (like literally, it's in my dreams)
and we all wish my parents still lived here
 sadly it's in bad shape and needs some work
and to be cleaned up
it's hard to see it like this and minus our farm
but it was still so good to see it
the barn
i love this barn
and here's the back
 so this morning my brother and i tried our luck with standby again
and headed back to utah
we were totally blessed to make every leg of our flight
we had to stop in san francisco each way
it was a quick trip but so good
and michael survived at home with all four kids!

7 comments:

miriam said...

your family is awesome.

The Asay's said...

What a fun weekend for you. Glad Michael survived at home with all the kids :)

Natalie Smith said...

Sooo much fun! You guys got lucky to have such great weather too. I guess I never knew your older brothers. I just really new the last four. amazing support you all are. Family is great...your hubby is pretty great too!

Daniel, Sara, Dmitri & Paige said...

What a fun weekend! So awesome you were all able to go, and support.

andre'a said...

i love, love, LOVE you! and our family!

andre'a said...

sure miss home.

andre'a said...

I'll always count that trip as a miracle. I miss our home! So sad to see the hole in the roof of the barn. SO glad to be together!