January 25, 2013

sewing: a refashioned "princess" dress for hazel

i have a thing for clothes (clearly)
and when there's a rummage sale or yard sale with cheap clothes
i see potential in, i buy them
i bought this tank at a rummage sale last year
thinking maybe i could layer it........or something
but since i couldn't try it on i didn't know if it even fit
when i got it home, it didn't fit and looked horrible
but i kept it for refashioning purposes
and the color reminded me a little of belle's dress from beauty and the beast
so this is hazel's new "belle" dress 
i could have embellished it more but i like things simple
 can you tell she loves it?
i worked on it this afternoon before michael got home
with olive shoving me off my chair
and hazel begging for it to be done
then michael took the kids out to dinner (mcdonalds) 
so i could finish/perfect it (and regain my sanity)
as in..bust out the seem ripper and redo the sleeves while watching project runway
not too bad, right?

9 comments:

miriam said...

I absolutely love the tie in the back. It's a perfect Belle dress. and you have pretty much the best husband ever. maybe he could teach my husband to be a little bit thoughtful? ;) I do love my husband, but man, he is your typical typical guy when it comes to thoughtfulness! But I really do love him.

Natalie Smith said...

this turned out amazing! you are talented!!

leighmichellec said...

So AMAZING!

Debbie said...

Amazing is the only word I can think of also! Wow you are so good.

Brianne Pitts-Wells said...

Ummm, WOW! I have said it before, and I will say it again, you are super talented! Hair, sewing, home décor. I am jealous.

Daniel, Sara, Dmitri & Paige said...

I love it! The back is my favorite part! And she looks thrilled! Good job momma! :D

Marie said...

So so so cute! Caitlin would love something like that! By the way, we definitely do need to get together next time I am home!

andre'a said...

French, darling! It's so cute! I can't even fathom the beginnings of your talent. Look how happy Hazel is!

Laurel said...

This looks great! You are so talented.