November 14, 2012

michael says they get it from me

our girls are stubborn
they do what they want when they want
notice the picture of olive (above)
she pushed all the chairs over in the kitchen this morning while saying,
"mom, i want candy" over and over
everything has been a struggle lately
getting dressed, changing diapers, taking naps
hazel's been pretty good
except for when she wakes up in the middle of the night
throwing crazy fits that you can't console
while she kicks at you and yells, sometimes waking up olive
or when she orders me around to do things for her she can do herself
despite our family home evening lesson on respecting our parents..
olive is a maniac.
she fights with us about everything
and she hates michael if i'm around
she won't let him do anything
she even yells at him for driving the van because that's my job
if eleanor needs me, olive needs me more
very possessive of her mama
which is sweet...but having two "babies"  is not fun
oh and eleanor, sweet sweet eleanor
she doesn't want to nap
or do anything other than sit on my lap
pulling my hair like crazy
if i shave my head (again), you'll know why
and when i complain to michael about these girls
he sarcastically apologizes that they're just like him
which we all know is true........
thank goodness for noah being such a nice boy
is it bad that michael and i only want more kids
if they can be boys?

ps. i love my kids. all of them.

12 comments:

Natalie Smith said...

we have or have had many of these struggles. they pass . it is hard in the moment and the days feel like years. we tried so many techniques for the fits and stubbornness and in the end...we just had to stay strong (even when it felt hopeless and I was in tears) and 3.5 years later....it stopped! hang in there.

tallia said...

I know how you feel! But I am in over my head with just two kids! And the hair pulling just sends it all over the edge, right? I am tempted to cut my hair off sometimes. And the screaming at night and waking other kids up..blah...it happens to us too. I never thought being a mom would be so hard sometimes. You are doing awesome though!

The Asay's said...

Girls! you poor thing. I always like to say when Ian is throwing a fit, "It's a good thing you are cute."

Emily | Recently said...

Oh dear, is it awful that I was thankful as I read this post because it made me feel better about my stubborn boys? I've been told it gets better. I hope! :)

Marsa said...

haha your kids are clever. i don't have kids but can't wait till i do! sounds like a fun handful :)

happyleeliving.blogspot.com

ROXTHEFOX said...

You have such a beautiful family!!

WWW.ROXTHEFOX.COM

Kate Clayton said...

I know exactly how you feel. I think Emma is going to give me a run for my money. Max was so mellow, especially compared to his sister ;)

- said...

Nice post!

Fashion Smiling ♡

Google Friend Connect
BLOGLOVININSTAGRAMTWITTER

Hena Tayeb said...

While reading this I could imagine myself writing the same thing.. except that I have one child. He is a boy and he kicks, screams, is inconsolable at times while being so nice and obedient at others.. it's baffling how quick the change occurs. He loves M most of the time meaning he never gets to see D at his worst.. and I just seem like a crazy mama.. but that fact is that D is just like M according to grandma by husband was a very difficult child. (I wish I knew this before I married him)because apart from me being overly dramatic.. I was a really good baby and 75% of the time he is too.. it's that rotten 25% that is just so difficult. take care..

lilibet said...

I am so sorry! I've had days like that with just 2, but 4 sounds impossible! Don't worry -- we know you love your kids despite the exasperation. Sometimes I think at how much quieter life will be in 15 years and it helps. ;)

Daniel, Sara, Dmitri & Paige said...

Well at least 1 out of 4, are working with you! I also get the bossiness with Dmitri, so it must be a 4 year old thing! And f Paige naps, I swear its only for 5 minutes, and she loves to pull my hair, and scratch my face. So it must be a 7 month thing! Lol I got nothing for Olive. None of my kids are possessive of me. But I don't know how I feel about that...... :\

Brianne Pitts-Wells said...

I know exactly how you feel. Ezra is CONSTANTLY fighting me and then when he is punished he screams and stomps and slams doors while yelling about how (and I quote) "frusterated and mad I am at you. And I am going to put you in a time out, forever." And Micah never sleeps. He is like a vampire. I literally have to sleep with him every. single. Night. So basically I never get a break from them. And Scott doesn't know what to do either. But yeah, I still love them anyway. Luckily.