September 24, 2012

sewing: a cinderella dress

i made a goal for halloween to not buy any costumes
we have hand-me-down costumes for eleanor and olive
who won't care or know the difference anyway
but not for hazel or noah
so i figure i'll make theirs
i started on hazel's halloween costume last night
i used an old blue queen bed sheet
and some shiny lace my mom gave me a couple of years ago
and it came together super quick

i'm pretty happy that it's done
and that it didn't cost a thing to make it
now we need to pin down what noah wants to be
and try to keep hazel out of her dress until halloween

11 comments:

Corbetts said...

That is SO cute!
Wes is going to be a monster. I found this website that used a hooded zip up sweat shirt and some felt to make horns and a spine and eye balls. Super easy and cheap!
Good luck!

Kate Clayton said...

Love!

Kelli Dixon said...

So cute! You are so talented. I broke down and bought a costume for Kharisma instead of making one. I feel a bit guilty but I'm pretty sure I would've spent just as much or more getting the supplies to make one.

Marie said...

I love it!!

Natalie Smith said...

you are amazing.

::The Beetle Shack:: said...

you have an Olive- how fabulous! Here on the other side of the world in Australia, I have an Olive too.

lovely to meet you Olive's mum!

xo em

miriam said...

want to make Sidney's halloween costume too? ;) I love the dress!

Vintage2Vogue said...

um, not to mention how much cuter it is than the crap at the stores! well done. so adorable!

stop by for a visit,

lydia from vintage2vogue

http://vintagetwovogue.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Genius idea! Great job. Oh, how I wish I could sew.

Daniel, Sara, Dmitri & Paige said...

It looks amazing!! And she looks beautiful in it! :D

The King Family said...

I gave up trying to keep bailey out of hers! Haha.