June 23, 2012

home work



teaching does not come naturally to me
it really doesn't
i even feel uncomfortable trying to teach my kids
but i really don't want noah to regress over the summer with reading or writing
so i've been printing some worksheets from education.com 
for the kids to work on while olive naps in the morning
they both think it's a lot of fun
and it gives me some free time to do the dishes and clean up
while they work on things
it's the sort of thing that works way better
since they do it together, i don't think it would work
for just one of them individually 
noah practices 1st grade worksheets while hazel works on preschool
the other day i was having hazel practice the letter "s"
and she said, "just like in my name!"
no....so next we practiced "z" 

2 comments:

Natalie Smith said...

Teaching Rylee is really hard for me too. Good for you for working through it though. :)

andre'a said...

that's good, Frenchie! I really ought to do something more structured with Clark. I'm guessing "Leap Frog Word Factory" doesn't count, right?