May 10, 2012

milk allergy

poor eleanor might have a milk allergy
she has had small amounts of blood in her stool
off and on since last thursday
the doctor said it may mean she has an infection
but more likely a milk protein allergy
so she suggested that if i want to keep breastfeeding
i should try a milk protein free diet
so pretty much no butter, cheese, milk, yogurt, whey, etc.
which sounded fine enough
and it's worth a try
(though we're also going to test her stool
to see what else may be causing the bleeding)
but now i'm trying to make a grocery list
with recipes for dinner
and the list is very short...
any suggestions?

luckily she is still gaining weight just fine
she was at 10lb 12oz today

7 comments:

The Asay's said...

Another one of my friends baby that is 2 months old has this also. Hope everything turns out okay.

Shirley said...

Milk allergies are so common. I am glad they are checking for infection though. Everything will work out. It is harder to plan meals without milk products. You can probably find some good suggestions on line.

Unknown said...

I have some recipes and suggestions for replacements. Let me know if you need anything. I had to go milk protein free in November. It helps a lot, especially if I don't cheat!

Ben said...

Sorry Rach! Liv was super gassy and cranky whenever I ate dairy or eggs. I lived on spaghetti. Poor baby Eleanore! She sure is cute though!!!!! XOXOXO

lilibet said...

That is so unfortunate. I have some good vegetarian recipes that could easily be made vegan, but it depends on how your family likes to eat.

miriam said...

I am no help. Sorry. I have enough trouble with dinner recipes without having to consider an allergy. Good luck!

Christie said...

fried rice (actually almost any asian recipe - teriyaki chicken, etc.) pasta with red sauce/meat sauce, BBQ chicken, sloppy joes, chili, chicken noodle soup...