March 29, 2012

things i learned

at my ob appointment today

i am measuring 43 weeks along (FORTY THREE)
just like last week i am 1 centimeter dilated and 50% effaced (NO CHANGE)
the baby's head is slightly lower but still high and not engaged
my doctor will be out of town all weekend until tuesday
if by wednesday i haven't had the baby i get a c-section
 my weight is uncomfortably close to michaels
blurg
part of me wants to be put out of my misery already if it's going to end in c-section
but i know that if i am still pregnant by wednesday, i will have given it all i have
and i won't regret that
i'm hoping that the looming deadline will scare this little one out
and at least now i have SOMETHING i can count on
a little light at the end of the tunnel

ps. thank you kelli for watching my girls during my appt
and for the delicious cookies!!!

7 comments:

Shirley said...

Your precious little one will be here soon.

Natalie Smith said...

typically, if the doctor goes out of town the baby comes! fingers crossed! hang in there! i can't believe you are measuring 43 weeks...jaw dropping!

Monica said...

Yay, for another plan. I hope you get a crack at a v bac, though. Karate kicks did it for me with Hal's.

Daniel, Sara, Dmitri & Paige said...

43 weeks along?! I'm crossing my fingers for you, that she makes her grand entrance -- before the c-section! At my appt yesterday, I'm not dilated, but have a very very soft cervix. Which I'm not sure means anything really... :[ I've read too, that second, third, fourth, etc babies, don't typically engage, until right before labor - where as your first baby will engage weeks before birth. So that's kind of frustrating too. I keep comparing this pregnancy, with Dmitri's, even though they've been completely different! But at 36 weeks with him, I was already dilated to a two! And, he was here at 37 and a half weeks... Which is like now. Blah! Waiting is so hard - but I really hope you can have a vbac! I know how important it is for you! Lol maybe pull out the castor oil XP

miriam said...

If you want you can take Ruby for a walk. She'll make you walk super fast to get that baby out. And I can watch your kids since they are terrified of her. And if it makes you feel any better, I outweighed Garrett by 20lbs by the end of my pregnancy. I will send all kinds of labor thoughts and wishes your way. Come on baby!!

chelseyandmatt said...

Seriously Rachael, you have got to be one of the toughest people I know! I am a baby the last couple weeks of my pregnancies and want them baby out! Way to hold strong! If you need a jogging partner, call me...maybe that will get things going ;)

Erin said...

You are a trooper! Hopefully she decides to show up soon!