September 13, 2011

oh the life of a soccer mom

little miss had ballet today
i always think she looks so pretty for ballet
 noah started soccer today
i thought it would be a good experience
he did soccer when he was 3
but it wasn't competitive then
 boy do things change when you're five
all the parents are way too in to it
and the coaches, too
and noah likes it
but he's not that in to contact sports
he's very self preserving
i left soccer with so much anxiety
that i never want to go back
but noah liked it!
for the first time, he likes the thing i put him in
why now?!
 hopefully i can get over it
and not mind hearing his name barked at him
by his coach
and ignore the other parents talking about
all the strong kickers, etc.
at least olive rocked the shirt i made her today

ps. don't mind noah's shin guards on the outside
i didn't know!

6 comments:

Monica said...

I LOVE Hazel's ballet clothes and Olive's sweet shirt (good work, mom). Noah looks like a natural on the soccer field. It's a short season, but a draining one at the same time.

Brianne Pitts-Wells said...

Hazel does look so pretty. Love the little bun in her hair! And Olive looks darling in that shirt. You are such an amazing mom. And I didn't even notice the shin guards :)

Kate Clayton said...

Hazel is too cute! I hate competitive sports. Noah sure looks cute in his soccer gear. I didn't know about the shin guards either. Thanks for the baby pj's today! :)

andre'a said...

oh French, to see little Hazey in her ballet clothes--don't you remember why you did dance? so precious. what lovely pictures! sure could've used a vizzy this last Friday but I know it was too much to ask for. I love you!

miriam said...

Hazel looks so grown up! As cute as she looks, she is looking less cute and more pretty (if that makes sense...)! And I never would have known about the shin guards if you hadn't pointed it out.

Katie said...

Oh, my goodness! I was reading a friend's blog, and glanced at her "followers" and thought I recognized the pair of eyes in one of the photos--and they were you and your husband's! I was reading Janelle Dudley's blog. I think Chelsea has referred to this as having your different "worlds" colliding!