September 12, 2011

call me crazy

but i'm strongly considering
not finding out the sex of this baby
the funny thing is,
i've never, ever thought i could/would
do that
wait?
i'm not that patient
but
we're having this baby 2 months before
michael graduates
and whether we stay at wsu
for grad school
or move to a new school
we will move apartments
we can't fit in a 3 bedroom apartment
with 4 kids for long
so i can't really nest
which is the main reason i find out what i'm having
instead i'll be busy prepping us to move
so
sure i didn't save noah's clothes
for the simple fact that i was a single mom
when i birthed him
and thought i may never have more children
and i've most recently had 2 girls
meaning we're set if we have a girl
and we have pretty much nothing
other than a few special outfits of noah's
that i probably wouldn't put on a new baby
for sentimental reasons
anyway
we would have no boy clothes
other than that, no biggie
right?
plus i'm mostly planning on  having a v-bac
despite my last attempt not working out
so it seems extra motivating
to wait and see what we're having
to be able to push it out and be surprised
am i crazy?

12 comments:

Molly Jo Stark said...

i didn't want to find out the sex at all. I only did because John really wanted to...I thought it would make labor MUCH more exciting. hehe.

Natalie Smith said...

I couldn't do it :-)

Brooks and Heather Lively said...

What!? The suspense is already killing me! Oh wait
I suppose this isn't about me. That would be pretty intense and exciting to find out the gender at birth though!

Debbie Olson said...

I don't think that is a crazy idea at all. I think it's a pretty cool thing considering all that you have going on. So when will Michael know what he is going to do?

Kelli Dixon said...

Do it! I wanted to do that with both kids but have always given in. Next time, for sure, I want a surprise!

Unknown said...

You are not crazy, and I think all your reasons make it that much more reasonable. I simply am not patient enough, but if you can pull it off you should. But for Noah's sake I hope it's a boy.

Monica said...

That is a little crazy, but I think it would be cool if you can pull it off. My brother-in-law and his wife are pregnant again (just like you were at the same time with their Anthony and your Olive). They are having the ultrasound Tech give them the sex in an envelop and then giving it to a friend who will order a cake with pink or blue filling inside ~ then at a reveal party everyone will find out the sex of the baby when they cut the cake. I thought it was a cute idea.

Monica said...

P.S. All the "stuff" for a boy will come. They really only need a couple sleepers for the first two months.

Laurel said...

After having one baby, I thought it would be fun to do that. I failed though. Both times. :)

Laurel said...

I love the idea! You should do it. It would be so fun to find out when you meet your new baby. That being said...I am way too impatient to do it. One day...

Caroline said...

You are not at all crazy! I admire anyone who can wait. We have 4 (now that's crazy--he he he) but I was never patient enough to wait!

Such an exciting time and a big congratulations to you! :)

miriam said...

I thought about not finding out, but Garrett really wanted to. You and Michael actually helped me be 100% on the side of finding out because you said it's a surprise either way. So, yes, I think you're crazy, but there is a part of me that wants that "it's a boy!" or "it's a girl!" at the birth, so I might be crazy too :o)