April 10, 2011

sunday night camp out


almost a year ago for michael's birthday
i bought him a tent and some sleeping bags
with the intent of camping sometime 
much, much later..
michael decided tonight we might as well have
an indoor camp out with the kids
so he set the tent up
we had no idea it was so huge
we had to move everything out of the living room
other than the couch
and it barely fit
we blew up the air mattress,
covered it with pillows and blankets
and watched the new joseph smith movie
it was really good
a little scary for the kids
but they learned a lot from it, i think
i think i've had my share of camping for a while
we'll do this again next year
with smores

7 comments:

The Asay's said...

How fun is that. I bet your kids loved it!

Monica said...

It's nice when you can get the camping "fix" at home and not have to regret it in the middle on nowhere.

Daniel, Sara, Dmitri & Paige said...

SO FUN!!! Seriously, I remember all the fun stuff like that, when I was a kid! I think stuff like this, builds the best memories - and totally gives you cool parent status when they're older ;)

Laurel said...

I have thought about doing this so many times....and then I think again. :) Maybe I'll actually do it after I birth this child. I know my kids would love it. And smores would totally make it worth it.

andre'a said...

so cute, French!

Natalie Smith said...

We have camped in our living room too. It is the best and most random fun!

Christie said...

this is exactly what I always wanted to do as a kid but never actually did it.