April 28, 2011

i've been sewing

i had this thought to take an ugly white shirt of hazel's
(i don't like the ruffly edges)
 shorten the sleeves
iron my fabric out to attach it to the shirt
making it a cute little shirt-dress
and i even took pictures of the progress!
turns out ugly shirt plus gingham
equals super ugly country 90's dress
no after picture... sorry
i couldn't do it
but i have been sewing a lot
with some fun vintage floral fabric
i got at goodwill for .50 cents
i'm almost done with some coordinating
outfits for me and the girls
i promise i'll post after pics of those

4 comments:

Daniel, Sara, Dmitri & Paige said...

Oh man... I had to giggle when you said it turned into an ugly 90's country outfit! Sigh... don't you wish things turned out like they did in our heads? Can you change the gingham into something super modern, or vintage... and add some rosettes to the color of the white shirt?

Shirley said...

I can hardly wait to see the cordinating outfits.

Monica said...

I remember you saying that ugly things hurt your eyes. I don't think your readers have the same issue and I would have loved to see the finished product. All the pieces seemed like they would make a cute product.

Kate Clayton said...

Knowing you, I bet it still looked great. You are so talented. It makes me a little jealous! :)