March 9, 2011

nap time

For the last month or two, naps have been pretty optional for Hazel. She usually gets pretty grumpy by 6:00pm or so the days she doesn't nap but she sleeps well at night. Lately she is taking a nap every day but not in the usual me-help-her-into-her-bed-with-a-sippy and close her door fashion. She is taking a nap either on the couch or on my bed every day because she's so exhausted and falls asleep randomly. Poor girl. She has always needed sleep. Lots of it. Like me. She just can't let her two year old self surrender to me putting her down for a nap every day. This way it's on her terms. I love that she fell asleep with her baby doll today. Don't worry, I covered her with a blanket after I took this picture.

8 comments:

Daniel, Sara, Dmitri & Paige said...

What is with 2 year olds, and this aversion to naptime?! Dmitri is the same - he will not go down for a scheduled nap, or if I try to get him to sleep. So most days he falls asleep wherever, around like 5-6pm. Which totally messes up bedtime! It's not fun.
I have a friend that was looking at pre-schools for her 4 year old. A couple schools she called, said there was a two hour naptime!! First off, who pays a school, to watch their child sleep for two hours, and what 4 year old takes a two hour nap?! I can only dream..... LOL okay, my unintentional rant is over :}

Brooks and Heather Lively said...

That picture is so cute! I love it. I hope you guys are starting to feel better over there!!!

Kelli Dixon said...

Oh man, I know what you're going through. Kharisma does the same thing, very hit-and-miss with nap time. She has never, however, fallen asleep randomly if she's not in her crib, no matter how tired she is (or I am.)

Monica said...

She is precious! I love how she's strong willed just like you ~ we all need a mini me, or two.

andre'a said...

sleep, baby, sleep. that's what I always say.

andre'a said...

Love you!

andre'a said...

Hazel I think does most things on her own terms. She's so funny!

andre'a said...

how was your meeting?