July 2, 2010

one last pregnancy post


i'm having a c-section tomorrow
at my appointment today
i was still dilated to a one
and now measuring 42 weeks along
i have been completely miserable
i can't sleep at night
due to sore/numb arthritic feeling arms
and during the day i can't make a fist
and i feel like i can't function
not to mention a giant belly
and when the doctor checked me
she said she'd strip my membranes to help push things along
but i have a crazy mobile uterus this pregnancy
that can float around as it pleases
so she couldn't because suddenly the baby is not engaged
so frustrating!
the doctor suggested scheduling a c-section
because there's no guarantee that my uterus
will engage
and every day we keep going
raises my chances i'll have a c-section anyway
and i'd much rather plan it than have another
emergency c-section
anyway
wish us luck
we can't wait to meet our little
unnamed lovely girl
and thank goodness for my parents being here

9 comments:

Natalie Smith said...

You will be in my prayers! I have been checking your blog for updates all day! I can't wait to see this little angel! So hapy your parents are there too. Best of luck Rachael.

Daniel, Sara, Dmitri & Paige said...

Oh lady!! When you're done, you are done! I know how that goes! Good luck tomorrow - and I hope you guys post pics soon... but no pressure ;)

Debbie Olson said...

I will pray for you also! I'm sorry that you have to have another C-section as I know that is not what you wanted. I'm sure the doctors will take good care of you and your sweet daughter. We love you all!!!!

Unknown said...

Good luck! Can't wait to see your little girl.

leighmichellec said...

Well if there is anything you need, please don't hesitate. I wish you the best and will be praying for you and your family!

Monica said...

I haven't heard ANYTHING!!! I hope all is well ~ and I'm praying for you guys.

Laurel said...

Good luck!!

andre'a said...

you were such a trooper 'til the end, and maybe you needed the hope of a V-BAC to make it through it all. Thank goodness for c-sections and good doctors that save babies and mamas.

andre'a said...

I'm so happy for you!