March 19, 2010

kid-less in seattle

we have had such a fun spring break so far
last weekend we drove up to seattle
spent some time with my sister and her family
then we went up the peninsula to see
our parents
they live close to each other
so we got to see both sets quite a bit
here's a picture of our growing family
we forget to take those sometimes

we even got to go to church with both sets of our parents
and have lunch together afterward
noah loved all the attention
then this guy and i got to leave our cares (kids) behind for a few days
and go on a babymoon
if michael looks a little nervous here
it's because we haven't been alone in a while
and i think i intimidate him 
while in seattle
we relaxed and shopped a lot
michael bought me pretty much anything i liked
so we stuffed this beauty from ikea in our trunk

EDLAND Chest with 2 drawers

michael bought me this little wristlet from coach
so i could ditch my diaper bag
michael totally spoiled me
it was a nice change from our typically very frugal lifestyle
we bought some new clothes
i decided i'm done with my new years resolution
and it was so nice to shop
i hate self deprivation
 michael now has jeans without holes in the knees
here i am trying an oversized flower in my hair at anthropologie
we found some bubblegum ice cream
we had so much fun swimming in our hotel pool
going out to dinner
seeing a movie
going to the temple
sleeping in
enjoying each other without interruptions
and laying around
but...
of course we missed our kiddy cats


and we're glad to be home

16 comments:

andre'a said...

sure could use a belly like yours!

andre'a said...

I love your belly!

andre'a said...

miss you!

andre'a said...

was i one of the cares you left behind?

andre'a said...

you're a kiddy cat!

Brianne Pitts-Wells said...

I love it. And your green dress is so cute. Your hair is so long, the longest I have ever seen. I am glad that you had a fun time on your babymoon. I am just a teeny bit jealous.

Natalie Smith said...

I love shopping when the hubby is in that mind frame! Thank goodness for great husbands. It sounds like a great weekend. You both deserved.

Shirley said...

I am so glad you had a good time. I certainly love the pictures of your growing family.

Youngs said...

you are the cutest - i love the pics, and that you made such good memories. i love the idea of a babymoon - you deserve it, you're fabulous!

p.s. i miss you!

Aimee said...

I am so glad that you two got to have some fun!!!

Monica said...

You look so pretty! I love all the pics, especially the one of Noah across all the grandparents.

Monica said...

What a wonderful trip!

Laurel said...

That sounds like so much fun! How nice to be able to leave the kids and have some time to yourselves. (ps- I love your green dress!)

Anonymous said...

-crunch-
-CRUNCH!-

is this your good ear?

CRUNCH! CRUNCH! CRUNCH!

mmmm....these chips are good. sorry, none for you. I enjoy the sound of my crunching. do you?

Trudy G. said...

Sounds like a wonderful time. Loved the pictures. You did pretty good with your New Year's resolution.

katrin said...

not gonna lie; i was sure i'd see that new year's resolution come and go pretty quickly ; )
teehee.
you look gorgeous (as always) and i'm glad to see/hear that you're having fun <33