January 1, 2010

resolution?

i don't normally do new years resolutions
they seem like a waste of time and effort
i usually forget about them
and i don't see the point in waiting to start a new thing
however
starting january 1, 2010
i am going to challenge myself
to something i've been meaning to do for a while
i am not going to buy new clothes
for our family
i will only purchase clothes at the thrift store
and sew the rest
i think it'll help me be creative
and help me think to save and reuse more, in all areas
i'll let you know how it goes

13 comments:

Mike and Jennie said...

I think that is a great idea. It makes the hunt at the thrift store that much more exciting! There is so much you can do to change the clothes to fit just right. Good Luck!

Shirley said...

You are so creative and clever that I am sure that will be an easy resolution to keep.

leighmichellec said...

well goodluck with that, this is maybe something, minus the sewing that I could do to! Good luck to you!

Burkulater said...

I thought about doing this too. I wonder if I could.

Jazzy said...

Very admirable! Good luck and be sure to show us what you sew :)

lilibet said...

That is an awesome idea! I was planning on doing that last year, but then I got pregnant and all those things flew out the window. I can't be pregnant AND be disciplined at the same time. :) Keep us posted on how it goes.

Daniel, Sara, Dmitri & Paige said...

Sounds like a good idea to me! Plus thrifting for clothes is fun - there are good things to be found! :]

Janet said...

I think this is so funny because my resolution is just the opposite. I just need to resolve to buy some clothes! Any clothes from anywhere!! I think you have given me a great idea too - Maybe I'll start this week...

andre'a said...

recycling sucks.

andre'a said...

just kidding! love you!

andre'a said...

go Frenchie!

Erin said...

Good luck. I'm not so good at sewing everything, I don't know if I could do it!

Christie said...

wow. that's all I can say. wow! and also good luck :)