December 30, 2009

our adventure

we went to my brother's yesterday
with the intention of going to the temple while we were there
this morning we got up on time
and our first roadblock was realizing noah peed their couch
we got ready anyway
and while eating breakfast hazel threw a fit
spilling an entire bowl of cereal on my only packed dress
i wore it anyway
and it dried on the way
when we got there
through the snow
i was getting my recommend out to go inside
and what do you know
i don't have it
it must be in one of the several places we've visited recently
where hazel emptied my wallet
don't worry though, the trip was not a complete waste
we did enjoy a fun time with my brother, his wife and their adorable kids
and we stopped at the olive garden for lunch on our way home

6 comments:

lilibet said...

Oh, my goodness, that sounds sooooo much like my life. I love the part where Noah pees in the couch. :)

Natalie Smith said...

Goodness girl! Never a dull moment, huh?

Mike and Jennie said...

That sounds just about right. Kids seem to change the plans without letting us grown-ups know.
On another note, once Mike and I were heading to the temple and on the way a road-rage fight broke out in front of us. Two guys got out of their cars at a stop light and started swinging. Mike jumped out of the car, broke up the fight and we continued on the the temple with blood splattered on Mike's shirt. He just rented a new one when we got there.

Kirsten said...

Our temple trip didn't work out either. Someday.

Christie said...

way to have a good attitude about it!

Jessica from Daisydotdesign.blogspot.com said...

Rachael, I totally was blog stalking from Mariam's blog and I had to see what you are up too. So fun. Hope you don't mind me peeking. I just had to tell you that I did the same thing, (getting to the temple without the recommend) and we ended up calling Bishop and they let me in!!! So next time you could still probably make it work. I'm glad you had an awesome time!!
Jessica Christensen