August 17, 2009

it's no italy, but...

we planned on going on a big vacation this summer
but decided to save our money for more important things
instead
we had a mini vacation
here's how we started
noah's lookin' cool ready to go

we went to my sister monica's house and had fun with her family
then we slept at michael's aunt debbie's house
and headed to see my grandma the next day
on our way to my parent's house

a picture of not so happy hazel with her great grandma jordan

noah was too afraid of a tractor ride this time
so hazel got her first ride with grandpa all by herself

we did lots of fun things with my parents
including a 9 mile bike ride to a really nice park
and playing on the coast throwing rocks

and they watched the kids so we could go see
the time traveler's wife

then we stopped to see michael's parents
on our way to seattle
and we took the ferry which was really fun

and

a little windy

we stayed at a swanky hotel in seattle
called the Hyatt Olive 8

here's a before of our beds

our yummy ordered dinner

and an after of our beds

we had a lot of fun swimming at our hotel
and we shopped around seattle
and of course enjoyed pike place

and a healthy dose of ikea
it's no italy
but it was a really fun family vacation

9 comments:

Kirsten said...

Hey Fun! When were you guys on the ferry? And which one did you take? We took a ferry ride too.

Daniel, Sara, Dmitri & Paige said...

LOVE the hotel! Very swanky - and I'd totally steal the bedding X}
The pic of Noah in the sunglasses is too funny! And Hazel looks so happy on the tractor!
Good you guys had a fun vacation! Even if it wasn't exactly Italy :)

Monica said...

I didn't know you were setting out to have such a big adventure. How fun!!! I hope it was a good early birthday. I wish you could have stayed until Wed because Pinks will be home and the three of us could have some time together. Happy Birthday, Tacho!

andre'a said...

Italy misses you!

Monica said...

I LOVE the first picture of Noah! It's hilarious!!!

Monica said...

When will I get Bolt back to you?

andre'a said...

meow mix

andre'a said...

Frenchie, James said if I can't get to Seattle, it's the same plane to Spokane. Eek! I hope it all works out! I love you!

Laurel said...

That looks like such a fun time! I'm glad you guys got away and that you enjoyed your visits. That picture of Noah is too funny!