July 22, 2009

my kids are so lucky

tonight for the first time
i caught a bit of the TLC show toddlers and tiaras
i could not believe it
it gave me such an awful feeling
i felt like i was watching child abuse
one mom was putting her 2 week old in a pageant
and saying she can't wait to see his "stage presence"
another mom made her feverish daughter do a photo shoot
and another mom was prepping her twin girls for a pageant
and she has an obvious favorite
she was so mean to the nonfavorite twin
poor children
their moms are completely living through them
and trust me, the moms are not in their prime
vomit
4 year olds need dress up time
not spray tans and fake fingernails
it was awful!
noah and hazel, you're welcome

4 comments:

Daniel, Sara, Dmitri & Paige said...

Isn't that show disgusting? I don't understand how these parent's think what they're doing is okay. I just hope they see themselves on tv and realize how awful they are. Poor kiddies :(

Kirsten said...

Wow, I've never even heard of that show but it does sound horrible. Yes, your kids are lucky!

Christie said...

I KNOW! I saw an episode of it a few months back and was completely appalled. who are these horrible mothers?!

jack!e @ One Saturday Morning said...

I watched that once..its disgusting. The one I watched the mom's made the kids wear denture-like teeth to make their teeth look better because apparently their baby teeth weren't pretty enough....!