April 2, 2009

thursday

today i dressed hazel in a summer outfit 
she's sure to outgrow before summer
isn't she a doll?
how young do ballet classes start?
she's (i'm) really excited...
noah in undies playing a song on the kazoo for hazel
here he is eating stawberries for breakfast
almost 3 and in a bib
just to be the same as hazel
oh and a funny story for you
see this dog?
cute....
right?
he has a funny history
before my sister andre`a married her husband james
he lived here in kent
away from his family
his mom asked him if he needed anything for his apartment
he expected her to send him something useful
but instead she sent him this dog
to make his bachelor pad more "homey"
which he oddly left behind for us when they got married and moved to boston
they didn't have much room in the car they drove over
i guess..
so we had a dog
i never liked it much
he looks very real and it kind of weirds me out
i'm not too into fake animals waiting by your door
or in your lawn
he had a welcome sign that came off after too much playing
but noah loved him
and our old neighbor's too
all the kids who come over always want to play with him
he gets taken for rides on the back of the tricycle
noah carries him around
and has him watch him play with his toys
until......
today
noah had a fit and was mad at michael so 
he threw his friend under the bus
not really--he threw his friend (d0g) at his dad
and this is the result:
i kind of want to fix him
i've grown really accustomed to having him around
i even use him as decor in our living room now
but michael wants to teach noah a lesson 
and show him there are consequences to throwing
and mistreating things
which is important
and we all know noah needs to learn these things
so...
goodbye, doggie 
(that was his name)

4 comments:

Christie said...

oh so sad about the dog! but I guess it's a good opportunity to teach a life lesson. I hope you're all getting through this loss without too many tears! oh and yes Monday at 11 sounds great! I should still have your address but if not I'll call you sometime to get it. I MIGHT have to get dropped off by my mom so I hope that's not too lame...but other than that - I'm excited! can I bring anything to contribute for lunch? ...peanut butter? crackers? forks? anything?!

andre'a said...

puppy says: OUCH!

Laurel said...

I love those pictures of your kids! Hazel looks darling! And Dallin always does the most ridiculous things to be just like Baby Landon. It's too funny.

curly girl said...

You've left me in quite a pickle: do I DARE show the girls what became of their favorite pooch?!