March 14, 2009

furniture trouble

i'm having some trouble
a few months ago my husband and i sold all of our furniture
 it was pretty good furniture
 and turns out, we now need furniture
so we've reaccumulated some
but i don't love it
need i remind you how ugly things hurt me
so anyway
my husband 
(we'll call him michael for the sake of this post) 
thinks it's great if we get new furniture
especially since 
we're moving 
in under 3 months
 to a little town without much happenen'
at all
so i've been scouring craigslist for furniture
 since we don't really shop anywhere other than people's homes and abandoned parking lots
oh unless we're feeling really fancy
 then thrift stores and the as-is section of ikea might be an option
the trouble is
 every time i show michael what i find on craigslist
he thinks it's too expensive
i wish he would throw me a bone
i refuse to move and live on your childhood 80's couches for the next 3 years
sorry, no
any suggestions on free/ultra cheap
 (for my ultra cheap husband :)
 super rockin furniture?

8 comments:

The Ubran Poetess said...

I'd just say stick with craigslist. Check out the free section too - sometimes people have amazing things but just no way to move it.

jack!e @ One Saturday Morning said...

I bet there are tons of people in your ward or neighboring wards that would be able to help. I'll keep my eyes/ears open if I know of anything!

P.S. What kind of stuff are you looking for? Just couches?

Jody said...

Hello! I'm the mom from the blog you stumbled upon - reminder... bumGenius, Phil & Ted's lover!
My furniture recommendation... Ikea. They have inexpensive, but lovely things for those on a budget. I love Ikea! I will blog on it this week - we're driving 4 hours this week just to go. Thanks for commenting on my blog - I have no followers (I'm new to this) and was thrilled to see someone other than by best friend commenting. Good luck with the furniture! http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/categories/departments/living_room/10661/

andre'a said...

love your blog! and your 80's couches! they look so comfy..

Laurel said...

All our furniture is either from the thrift store of craigslist. We're junkies. It takes some time to find that perfect item, but it's sooo worth saving the money. Good luck finding what you want!

Monica said...

We have that plaid couch that Pinks gave us. It's just sitting above the garage right now. Oh wait, did you say ugly is a problem?

Monica said...

Ryan said you can buy the old couch back if you find us a new one.

miriam said...

hi! I'm Sue Smith's daughter. I don't think we've ever officially met. My mom was telling me you guys were thinking about UW or WSU. I happened across your blog and saw you're moving to a place with not much going on....is that Pullman (it's definitely true if it is!)?