November 6, 2008

Goodbye dear friend

I bought this pretty coach diaper bag a month and a half ago. It was of course way too expensive but Michael and I had this jar (actually a cup I made in pottery) we were saving money in for a rainy day. It became the new TV fund. Our elaborate plan was to purchase a rockin' new TV the day after thanksgiving in Sequim (where they get way too much stuff and not that many shoppers). Then I decided I could really use a new cute diaper bag. I am the mother of 2 after all. This bag was the only one at the coach store that could fit all of my essentials. Who knew a nursing cover, sling, bulky cloth diapers, and wipes would take up so much room? Not to mention milk dripping sippies. Turns out that owning a fancy coach bag is cool and all but not so practical for motherhood. Kids are messy. Anyway, we spent the rest of the jar money on our car and I felt like a jerk that I got my bag and Michael didn't get his TV so alas Goodbye Dear friend. I sold this bag to a lady off of craigslist who needs this bag to carry her dog in. I hope this beautiful bag will enjoy the chihuahua.

3 comments:

Monica said...

Tacho ~ that's so sad! You are a good woman willing to sacrifice your luxury item. I don't have any luxury items and I drive a 2000 Kia Sephia ~ that's humbling. It was a pretty bag, but I think you made the right choice.

Youngs said...

The bag was ultra-cute, but no one wants buyers remorse - the car looks good, and I'm sure the lady will carry her dog w/pride in that bag!

Mike and Jennie said...

You will get way more help with the kids from the TV then you would ever get from the bag.