October 2, 2015

a long overdue post about my surprise 30th birthday weekend in seattle

i'm not sure how i never posted about this
the weekend before my birthday in august
i knew something was up...my nephew accidentally let something slip about friday
while i was on the phone with my sister
i assumed she was coming to see me since my kids were about to start school
so i cleaned my house like crazy all week
like SO clean
and then on friday i was just waiting for her to show up
michael was keeping his mouth shut about it
but FINALLY told me what was up at like 4:00pm
i was leaving like an hour later on a plane to seattle for the weekend
michael gave me some early birthday presents to take with me
so sweet
and he left me at the airport to read magazines and relax while he took care of the kids
after andre`a picked me up at the airport we went back to her house
she said monica couldn't come over but we'd see her the next day
little did i know
monica was at her house
with my parents
and a few of my oldest friends
it was a surprise party! and i was so surprised. 

 shane, karleene, christie, monica, me, april and andre`a
it was so fun to see all of them and catch up
and i was seriously so surprised
the next day we got up early and went to the temple with my dad
while my mom watched grandkids
and we sealed my grandma to her husband
it was really special, especially because brother harmon did the sealing for us
and this dress and purse are some of the presents michael gave me for my trip
later that day we went and saw pitch perfect 2
i love my sisters and having time with them was so nice
such a sweet girl
dropping me at the airport
it was the sweetest surprise ever
i will never forget it 

3 comments:

Natalie Smith said...

Rachael...I was invited to surprise you and had something going that night. When Andrea told me what they were doing for you...I was so excited for you. What a wonderful surprise. I am so happy it was a blast. Sorry to miss out on your fun.
The temple sounds so special, too.
Glad it was a great 30!

Charlene said...

What a great way to celebrate turning 30. Plus look at you 30... You look like your 20! :)

Trudy G. said...

What a fun weekend. They really pulled that one off. You have a wonderful husband.