November 25, 2014

feeling grateful

i've been feeling pretty grumpy the last couple days
just kind of stressed out having all the kids home all week
and noah had a dentist appointment yesterday
and today
to get a couple fillings each time
so i was nervous about taking all the kids to do it by myself
and just generally not really happy 
but then i was looking at these pictures to write about our last few days
and i am filled with gratitude for these perfect children
who do such a good job putting up with their imperfect mom
noah and henry are the sweetest brothers there ever were
i am so grateful they have each other 
so grateful
hazel has more patience in her at age 6 than i ever have ever had
she seriously fills in the gaps in my parenting
when i am too busy or too stressed to handle things, she steps right in
i never have to ask, she just does things
she is a peacemaker and a teacher
she will be an amazing mother
i am so grateful
noah's post-dentist smile was seriously the best
i couldn't get enough of it
look at these cute goofballs
olive (and eleanor) are keeping me on my toes lately
but the good definitely outweighs the bad
it's not hard to see who hazel got her patience from
michael got home from work and got to work on our mantle
henry is obsessed with michael these days
and got sad when michael would walk away from him
to go make cuts in the garage
so michael took him with him every single time

has there ever been a better dad?
or a cuter little assistant?
plus the mantle is looking amazing
pretty girl in the tooth fairy house at the dentist

my life is pretty great
i need to remember that
and count my blessings more
because i couldn't have asked for a better husband
or more wonderful children
i am so blessed

5 comments:

Courtney said...

SO cute rachel! I love the mantel and your cute kiddos! You do have quite the little helpers! I can only imagine! I think you are great!

Monica said...

It's so hard to remember all the things we have to be grateful, especially when things kinda suck. You are so blessed to have the amazing kids that you do ~ but they wouldn't be here without you. Michael is so handy and patient.

Natalie Smith said...

you are blessed, but remembering to remember is always a challenge!

andre'a said...

a tooth fairy house?! that looks AWESOME! I submit to you that there is no better, patient dad than that Michael. I am so happy for you, French. and the mantel looks amazing!!!!!!!!!

andre'a said...

p.s.) Bishop Ralph (at the funeral) sort of cornered me and asked me about you. He said that he'd lost track of you and that Susan lives in Caldwell so he might have to stop by and see you. I'm so sorry! I mean, I don't think he will. Also, you don't have to post this one. Just wanted to give you permission to not post it.