June 22, 2014

my family reunion

every few years my family gets together for a reunion
between me and my five siblings there are 23 kids
so it's a bit of an affair
this time we had it in utah
we waited to go until michael got off work on thursday
 the kids handled the drive pretty well and they were stoked when we got to the hotel in salt lake
 the cousins loved to see each other
olive spent lots of time on kami's back 
 me and benny
 we all got there thursday (except my sister who's flight was cancelled)
friday we went to the provo rec center
it was super fun
ryan loved henry!
well, everyone did
 my parents were super cute and went down the water slides
 after the provo rec center we had to stop at sodalicious
 hazel was so happy to reunite with her favorite cousin holden
 sienna was so sweet and gave eleanor her old sunglasses 
andre'a finally got there friday night so we were all together!!
such pretty sisters i have!
 kami and henry
 olivia, me, andre'a, henry, kami and keira
 ryan, my dad and henry
 pretty girls
olivia, miriam, sienna, kami and keira
 my mom wanted all the kids to sit around and listen to family history stories
no one really listened except olivia
i love the way she's watching her grandma
 saturday we all went to "this is the place" park in salt lake
 me, henry, ryan, justin and eleanor
 grandkids looking at a statue
 the grandkids
(minus ashton...not sure where he went)
 all the grownups
 me and my siblings and parents


 the kids loved the pony rides


 stop looking so old hazel!
 pretty andre'a 
 michael peeking through a barn window
 there were cute little historical buildings
 i thought the bank was pretty
 some pilgrims came and sang songs and danced with them
 olive exploring a building
she asked the pioneer inside if she was cinderella
then she asked where her step sisters were
 cute cousins on a little train

 panning for "gold"

 we went out to dinner each night
and after dinner saturday my parents did a cute raffle and the kids got to pick a prize
then we had cupcakes and sang to everyone because there are a lot of birthdays this week
 each night the kids played in the hotel pool
and loved it
they got really comfortable in the water which was great
 we had to get some sister pictures



it was an amazing weekend! 
noah cried for a solid 30 minutes as we drove away because he missed his cousins already
we all loved seeing everyone
and it was a nice little get away!

4 comments:

miriam said...

That is so awesome you were all together! My family doesn't even have as many people as yours does grandkids and it is a big deal. Yay for families!!

Natalie Smith said...

What a fun reunion. I hate when the kids cry and feel so sad saying good-byes with family. Breaks my heart.

Marie said...

Family reunions are the best! So fun!! And who wouldn't love that little Henry...wish I could hold him!

Christie said...

looks like fun! we always had big family reunions when I was growing up, and TONS of cousins. it was the best.