January 1, 2014

new years eve

we decided to let the kids celebrate new years eve for the first time this year
michael wanted to let them try to stay up until midnight but they were melting down a bit by 9:00 so that's when they went to bed
i made some crowns for them to wear for the festivities 



we played wii for the first time in a long time 
and ate cupcakes







and then we put eleanor to bed
and let the other kids watch hotel transylvania 
afterward they had a sleepover in hazel and olive's room
that went ok other than the kids being surprisingly grumpy already
michael and i stayed up until midnight
just watching tv and eating some late dinner


happy new year!



happy new year!
here's to 2014!!!

10 comments:

Christie said...

happy new year! you're so brave, staying up until midnight. I did too, but sort of by accident and all by myself (because I wanted to finish a book I've been reading) everyone else was soooouuunnnddd asleep. until the fireworks started of course.

Christie said...

wow. we're pretty lame compared to your fam. :)

Christie said...

I think my 2014 resolution should be "try to be as awesome as Rachael". it will never happen of course, but I can dream can't I? j/k! ...sort of. ok I'm going to stop commenting!

miriam said...

I love the little pout from Olive in a few pictures :o) It was my first year not staying up until midnight. I feel lame! I love the crowns. I might steal that idea!

Brianne Pitts-Wells said...

You guys are so fun! And your hair looks very bouncy and pretty. I am so happy to see you doing so great! I can't wait to see what this year has in store for you! Graduation and another buy! Yay!

Natalie Smith said...

Olive is the best. Looks like a great evening. Happy New Year!

Kristin said...

How fun! Richard and I are losers and we haven't even stayed up for years now. We should be more like you. :)

Daniel, Sara, Dmitri & Paige said...

Fun!!! I love the crowns, and all the pics of all for kids together! Glad you guys had a fun New Years :)

The Asay's said...

Love the crowns too !

andre'a said...

happy new year! (3 weeks late). your kids are soooo cute!