October 23, 2013

way too many pictures

i've been trying to capture cute little moments using the good camera rather than my phone
so i've kept our camera out the last few days and it helps remind me to grab it when the moment arises
i am having a really hard time narrowing them
but i suppose i'd rather post a million pictures than forget the cute moments
i love the stages our kids are in
 hazel and eleanor have a really special relationship
hazel is like a little mommy and eleanor loves her
they sat this way for at least 20 minutes 
 eleanor thinks she's so awesome when she makes her way into the doll stroller
 noah loves to be in the front yard
olive wore this (too-big) dress up dress all day a few days ago
i love these pictures of her holding her dress up so she can move
 mid-air
 spinning
 glowing in the sun
 this bouncy ball was a prize noah got at school
 hazel was busy coloring inside but she came out long enough for me to take her picture
 eleanor has turned in to such a daddy's girl lately
and she loves to greet him when he gets home
it is the absolute cutest to watch her little arms flap as she runs all the way to him!
 the girls did some leaf art this morning
and then needed to paint
 it's their favorite
 this was right before we loaded in the car for ballet
and eleanor insisted on bringing my shoe
and olive brought like 3 blankets
(aren't eleanor's new moccasins the cutest?!)
 just hanging out in an empty toy bin
 the pig pile on dad got a little crazy
 ahhh, he's getting so big! he'll outgrow me before i know it

this doesn't have much to do with anything
but my sister sent me a link to an article written by a woman who's pregnant with her 5th also
and it was supposed to be uplifting for mothers but it felt really negative and defensive to me
i'm lucky that i don't get negative reactions to our pregnancy/family size
and i love, love, love being a mom
it's literally what i've wanted since i was tiny
and it makes me so happy
eleanor loves to snuggle in the crook of my neck lately and it's the best feeling in the world
olive spends as much time with/on me as possible and i'm sure one day she won't
hazel and i are like best friends. i talk with her like i would a girl friend and she loves to be just like me
noah isn't embarrassed to kiss me goodnight or hold my hand. he still thinks michael and i are the coolest, smartest people
i already love this baby just like the rest
i am sooo grateful to be a mom to these children and i hope it's known that i love this
i don't see it as negative or a burden
it's what i'm supposed to be doing

10 comments:

Shirley said...

Wonderful pictures! All this will mean so much to you and Michael and your children later on.

Kate Clayton said...

I love your comments at the end. You do have such an amazing family! We just love the Olson clan!

Erin said...

I love love love the size of your family, and your love for them! and I loved the pictures, there can never be too many :)
I also want a big family, I've wanted a huge one since I was tiny too!

Charlene said...

Love all the pics. Your family is so sweet. Being a mother is the most rewarding thing in the world :)

Kristin said...

I've always loved your outlook and attitude towards family and motherhood. It does get a pretty negative wrap sometimes. Especially since our families are so similar, I feel buoyed up and inspired by you. Seriously, I do. The world needs more mommies like you!

Natalie Smith said...

great post. we all know that you love your job and we love to watch you love it! :)

and...the more pictures the better! I always feel like I want to remember everything...

miriam said...

you are an amazing woman and mother. you make me want to be a better person.

Laurel said...

I love this. One of my favorite things about your blog is that you capture the beauty of every day life. You're an awesome mom!

Marie said...

I agree with Miriam. You are awesome. I loved your end comments and the picture of you and Noah...he will be outgrowing you soon!!

Unknown said...

I love all your pic, you can never have to many. Its been kind of hard the last few days, thank you helping me want to be a better mom. I think your a wonderful mom! And love seeing all the things you do with your kids :)