May 28, 2013

memorial day

we had such a nice memorial day
it really is the first day of summer since everyone is out of school now
and i was glad to have michael home so we could go have some fun together
we started by sleeping in
then slowly got up and decided what we wanted to do for the day
was go to salt lake and visit the zoo
 we had a popped tire on our stroller so we used a zoo stroller instead
it was pretty convenient for the kids hopping in and out
but it makes me glad we don't have a wide stroller like this

 other than being a little extra crowded, it was a great day to be at the zoo
we got to see the elephants getting a bath
and a really well done bird show



 lots of birds flew right above us
and the kids all enjoyed it
other than eleanor...who got antsy
and isn't a huge fan of the sun
noah wanted to take pictures the whole show
and took probably close to 100 but mostly of the back of people's heads
he did get this one of some doves flying over us
 afterward we went to city creek and ate at the cheesecake factory
with a gift card from michael's parents
i think this picture says it all :)
eleanor was on the table
michael looks kind of annoyed
it wasn't the greatest trip out to dinner as a family of six
but the godiva cheesecake we shared made it worth it
 then we let the kids get soaked before we headed home
we didn't get the kids in bed until close to 10
which seems like a bad idea, but they are still sleeping and it's almost 9 
so i'm not complaining

4 comments:

Shirley said...

I love this pictures of your family fun!

The Asay's said...

Sounds like a fun day. I love the salt lake zoo. I grew up going every summer with my grandpa. Ian didn't go to bed until ten either and is still sleeping. Loving it :)

Natalie Smith said...

Sounds like a great day. We stayed up too late too this weekend....I am feeling it! I am jealous of your nice weather!

tallia said...

We are going to be in Provo for almost all of July! We will have to hang out. My mom and Abby will be there too around the fourth. Remind me to give you my zoo train punch card so you can use it next time yu guys go, I think I had like ten punches left on it when we moved.