March 11, 2013

family bike ride

tonight we went on a family bike ride to the park
 eleanor got to ride in the bike seat and wear a helmet for her first time
 olive insisted on riding her own bike and
even though it was hard to keep up, she rode the whole way
and had fun
 once we got to the park we rode around the big loop that surrounds it
 and then all four kids got to swing together
pretty fun evening if you ask me
family bike rides are my favorite

ps. Earlier this afternoon the kids were playing outside and after a neighbor kid ran Hazel over with his bike, Noah first threatened he wasn't his friend anymore. Then, after the boy apologized, Noah said, "That was serious. That was actually my little sister. Did you learn your lesson?" I'm glad he's watching out for his sister. It's funny too because just before that I wondered to myself if Noah would stick up for his sisters if someone messed with them. I'm glad he will.

3 comments:

The Asay's said...

Sounds like so much fun. Eleanor looks so big sitting in that seat. :)

miriam said...

oh my word I love that picture of Eleanor. that looks like such a fun evening! and I love that Noah is protective of his sisters. so sweet!

Natalie Smith said...

fun that you all can ride bikes together! i love that last story! "that was serious!" haha so cute.