December 13, 2012

ballet and tap Christmas recital

hazel had her Christmas ballet recital today
it was just during class at the normal studio
but we were still excited and michael came, too
hazel loved being able to wear a little make up
and that i got all her hair up in a bun
hazel is a natural dancer
i hope she stays with it because she is really good at it
 here are all the girls
 pretty girl
 then it was time for hazel and olive's tap recital
here they are warming up
olive was so excited
 until she realized we forgot her tap shoes at home
(parenting fail)
so she sat out for the rest of class :(
 hazel rocked it
especially for not having done tap until recently
 the whole tap class
minus olive
 hazel went and sat with her for a picture
it broke my heart that olive wouldn't do it without her shoes
because i could've easily run home to get them
but i didn't realize she'd care so much
oh well, there's always the big recital in june

7 comments:

Natalie Smith said...

I wish our dance class had a small holiday horrah! We have a party but I would rather have them dance! Your girls looked so cute!!!!

Monica said...

What's better than a little dancer??? TWO!!! I can't believe how cute your girls are!

leighmichellec said...

Adorable!!

miriam said...

precious! in my ballet recital when I was probably 4, the flower fell out of my hair and I picked it up, stood on the side of the stage and pouted the rest of the song. it's all on video. I got over it. I'm sure Olive will too ;) she still looks so cute! and Hazel... good grief! heart breaker!

Dawn said...

Aw, Rachael...I love you and your little family! You are an amazing mom and a great example to me.

Laurel said...

Haha! I love her little furrowed brow! Your girls are so cute.

andre'a said...

they are so cute! poor little Olive. is she her mom? already caring about shoes? :)