March 23, 2012

baby update

yesterday was a hard day
i hardly got 4 hours sleep the night before
because of my darn arms
and i went to my ob appointment
only to be disappointed that i'm 1 centimeter dilated
and 50% effaced
neither of which are bad
but she is still SUPER high 
and maybe a little stuck that way
like olive was
the doctor is prepared to let me go to 41.5 weeks
i, on the other hand, was not prepared for her to let me go
that long
so that was a little hard to hear
but i am so glad that i have a doctor 
who is so supportive of a vbac
at that point if baby hasn't come on her own
and is low enough
the doctor will break my water while i'm being monitored
otherwise it's a repeat c-section
i just really, really, really hope
she comes before that all on her own
...
luckily my husband is amazing
and took all three kids with him last night
to buy me flowers and pick up dinner
and some things we needed at the store
so i could have a little down time
seriously i don't know how i would survive without him
and i am so grateful for his support
...
a few positive things to not having the baby yet are
michael and i will get another date night in
and will go see the hunger games for it
i will get to go to noah's science fair
not that it's a big deal
but it's nice to be able to support him
and
the first week of april is noah's spring break
so we won't have to worry about getting him to or from school
or making sure he gets a snack packed and all that
and also hazel doesn't have ballet that week
so it will make being otherwise occupied
a little easier
...
on that note
it's hard being a mom of almost 4
and worrying about the one inside
and how and when she will get here
while making sure the other three are taken care of
especially without having family nearby

5 comments:

The Asay's said...

It's so hard at the end. Please let me know if I can do anything.

Daniel, Sara, Dmitri & Paige said...

Lol I hope I don't sound crazy - with my recommendations... :P But do you know of your sore arms, are caused by carpel tunnel? I had it with Dmitri, at 6 months along, but it was in my wrists and fingers. I got it with this pregnancy, at 8 months, and it was my hands, fingers and feet. But anywhos, vitamin b6 totally helps!! While we were moving into our place, my hads would get so sore and swollen, they'd get stuck in one position. So just a recommendation, if that's what's going on! I'm glad you have a supportive doctor!! But I'm crossing my fingers, you don't have to wait until 41.5 weeks!!

Christie said...

that's so nice of Eleanor to let you see the Hunger Games movie first! sorry about everything else though :(

andre'a said...

I can't believe tomorrow's the due date. I've been thinking about you a ton. I hope you're hanging in there (or out there, as the case may be)! I just love you!

Monica said...

I wish I could be there. You have been on my mind a lot lately. I love you!