November 15, 2011

thoughts on our baby girl

i was sure this was a boy. this pregnancy has reminded me of noah's most but i was wrong. i was shocked.

i was afraid noah would be disappointed about having THREE sisters and no brothers but "telling him" with pink cookies, strawberry milk and an "it's a girl" balloon when we picked him up from school that day seemed to do the trick. he was excited.

we are settled on a name for this little girl and i am so happy--not only with the name but with the fact that we won't be naming her in the hospital like we did olive

having my third girl in a row feels like i have deja vu especially since we're in the same apartment, going to the same hospital etc as olive

i am officially sick of girl clothes. we've tried to shop for eleanor twice but everything i would want, i bought for olive. i suppose it's a blessing to not have to buy much

we are so happy and feel so blessed to be having a healthy baby girl

naming noah was hard. especially because i named him alone but my good friend sara and mom both suggested noah one day and it stuck. i had hazel's name picked out for a few years before she got here so there was never a question. olive was tricky. she was going to be olive, eleanor, or beatrice. she ended up being olive beatrice.

this little lady will be eleanor mae olson

10 comments:

chelseyandmatt said...

I love that name!! One of my best friends from high school just named her baby that!! love love love it, Oh and not to mention Mylee's middle name is Mae :) So cute, I bet it does feel weird having 3 girls in a row, don't know if I could handle that happening to me, and it could! But you make such cute girls and can SEW the cutest clothes! Seriously!

Laurel said...

I am in love with the name! It is so perfect!

Kate Clayton said...

I love the name!

Ryan said...

I had a hard time gearing up for Halea, too. I was SHOCKED to be having a girl (after three boys), but what a blessing. She will be a wonderful blessing to your family.

Natalie Smith said...

Having the name decided helps you feel more prepared. Love the name. It will fit her well...

Daniel, Sara, Dmitri & Paige said...

Such a sweet name! It totally flows with your other kids' names :) And good for Noah! I'm sure there are perks, to being the only boy/girl in a family ;)

leighmichellec said...

Love Love Love that name!
Zayda's middle name is May (sp different)!
I am so excited who she looks like :)

Brianne Pitts-Wells said...

I love it! I goes perfectly with all the other names! Maybe you will have a boy next time! :)

andre'a said...

I think she should be named "Lady Eleanor Mae..." just my 2 cents. Either way, she's already so perfect and precious! I also won't go see Breaking Dawn without you. We're trying for PR this weekend. Jamesy was afraid we wouldn't make it if we waited any longer...

The Asay's said...

Love her name. Can't wait to meet this sweet baby girl.