May 1, 2011

sunday best: matching edition

i got a yard or two of 60's floral fabric
from goodwill for 50 cents
 and i made myself a skirt
olive a dress
hazel a shirt and shorts 
and noah a bow tie
i thought it was all cute
but the kids hated it
hazel hated the fact that hers was shorts and not a skirt like me
(which i didn't really do on purpose but i was thinking it would be a cute summer outfit that could work for church once)
so michael had to bribe her to wear it
olive was really tired and ready for a nap
and her dress was malfunctioning a little
noah...doesn't like button up shirts
and hates ties
so he hated his new bow tie
well i just wanted some pictures
so once i got those i let everyone change
and noah got to go tie-less to church
so i borrowed his bow tie 
their loss, right?

10 comments:

The Asay's said...

I loved your skirt today. Everyone looks cute in their matching outfits. Love it!

Debbie Olson said...

Someday you kids will read all of this great stuff and say! Boy my mom sure loved us! You are the greatest mom ever!!!!!

Daniel, Sara, Dmitri & Paige said...

Aww - well at least you got a pic of them all dressed up! I especially love Hazel's outfit. Her sleeves are super cute and her shorts are darling!!!

Laurel said...

My kids always have their own ideas... :p You look super cute though!!

Anonymous said...

you hot.

andre'a said...

I love the first PERFECT picture and then the undoing, picture by picture.

andre'a said...

French, I'm so proud of you with your training! Take an Ibuprofen. It will help. These are growing pains. And you'll feel muscles emerge that you never even knew you had (my quads are killing me today)...even holding onto the rail going down the stairs. That bad...

Natalie Smith said...

Darling. You are talented. I should really start learning to sew. I want my kids to match! :)

Ryan said...

So Cute! And look how slim you are! Go Tacho!!!

Lyd Stew said...

Basically... you are brilliant. Incredible! I don't know how you do it, or why I didn't come to you when that dress stumped me. You are like a "fabric whisperer". :) It just conforms to your will in a way that is JUST DOESN'T for me... so keep it up!