May 26, 2011

the birthday celebration

 despite the viruses noah and olive had
they both were happy and healthy seeming all day long
so i felt bad trapping them inside
i like birthdays to be special
so we started the day with hazel's fav. breakfast
eggs, bacon and sausage (she loves breakfast meat)
and for lunch they ate happy meals in the car
then we went to sunnyside park 
where noah shared his bun with the ducks
but they were too aggressive and hazel refused to get out of the car
with them around
so we went to a different park
that was empty
and played for a while
 it was pretty windy but hazel didn't want to wear a coat
it's her birthday, she chooses.
 i love all three kids in the swings
noah's feet could touch so he's probably done with baby swings
but it was fun while it lasted
 we came home and played dress up
noah was mad that he slipped in his high heels so he's ripping his dress off
 hazel is such a pretty princess 
she is quite proud of herself for blowing out the candles
 here she is hitting her unicorn pinata
we had cancelled her party
but a few of our friends risked it and came anyway
we had a lot of fun eating pizza and ice cream sundaes
despite the rough start hazel had a great birthday!

11 comments:

Shirley said...

I am happy things worked out. Everyone looks like they are having a lot of fun.

Daniel, Sara, Dmitri & Paige said...

Didn't want to wear a coat... that sounds like Dmitri!
I love that Noah joined in on the dress up! What a good big brother! :D

Monica said...

You are so good at making birthdays special! I love that Noah played dress up. Hazel is so pretty in her princess costume.

Natalie Smith said...

That is a crummy morning...but it all worked out. Looks like a fun day. The birthday shirt looked adorable on.

Laurel said...

I love the picture of Noah in the background taking off the dress! So cute!

The Asay's said...

I love that Noah played dress up too. What a good big brother.

andre'a said...

oh French, after all of the stress of who's sick, you had a wonderful day after all.

andre'a said...

Hazel IS such a pretty princess!

andre'a said...

i totally lol'd (and you know how much I hate saying that acronym) about Noah having a fit with his high heels. :)

andre'a said...

I got a package today! SO exciting! I can't wait to open it tomorrow. James went into NYC especially for me and I asked him, "Did you get me an 'I heart NY' shirt?" He smiled and took a sharp intake of air. I'm guessing that's what he got me.

Laurel said...

The part about Noah made me lol. :) What a cute girl! Happy Birthday Hazel!