April 15, 2011

Noah's 5th birthday

for noah's birthday we went bowling
and had a blast
this is noah's just-got-a-strike pose
 proud mommy of a 5 year old
 after bowling we offered to do whatever he wanted
but he just wanted to go home
i'm glad he likes home so much
so we picked up lunch and a few things for his party
and went home to get things ready
here are some pics of the decor
 noah wanted a thomas the train party
so i played off the fact that thomas is his middle name
and the theme was Noah Thomas (the train)  is 5
 here are hazel and olive sporting the hats i made
 and little thomas appliques on their shirts
 we cleared everything except the dresser out of olive's room
and made a train room
so kids could play with trains and watch thomas
we're really glad we set this up, it really helped
having a separate place for kids to be 
in our small apartment
 we had some pizza
 a pinata, opened presents
and sang to the birthday boy
it was such a fun day
and i was glad we went all out
 to celebrate noah's 5th birthday 

18 comments:

Kate Clayton said...

It was so fun! We are still talking about it at our house! Happy Birthday Noah!

Marilou said...

Ali was in heaven! #1-there was a pinata, which she had been hoping for all week. #2-you had a CHEESE pizza (we always just pick the toppings off for her). #3-she was LOADED with candy when we went home. :) Thanks for inviting us!

The Cornett Family said...

SOOO cute! I won't show Breck this, he'll flip out! Everything turned out super cute and just perfect!!

Monica said...

What a great birthday party! I can't believe how long Olive's hair is! Did you make the party hats?

Christie said...

looks like so much fun! you are so good at the birthday thing. I love how you make it more about the experience than about the presents. though I'm sure he doesn't mind getting a gift or two.

Laurel said...

I love all the fancy stuff you did! So cute!! Happy Birthday Noah!

Daniel, Sara, Dmitri & Paige said...

Glad he had a great birthday! Looks like everyone had fun! Love the party hats you made too - adorable!

Kelli Dixon said...

Oh man, you're pretty much the best mom ever. Will you plan my birthday party? Thanks, it's next week :)

Natalie Smith said...

That looks like a great birthday! Fun, fun.

andre'a said...

will you make me a birthday party?

andre'a said...

WHAT a blast!

andre'a said...

I love the "5" with pics of Noah. What a special day!

andre'a said...

WHO is that pretty girl holding Olive???

andre'a said...

(don't worry...I really knew who it was...you just look so pretty!)

andre'a said...

p.s.) I just registered for the Green River marathon on June 4th...super-excited!

Aimee said...

You are amazing and I hope Noah had a great time. By the smiles I think he is so excited that he is 5!!!! I love the shirts and how creative you are :)

The Asay's said...

Oh my goodness what a great birthday party. I love your decorations and the shirts you made for the kids. I bet Noah loved it!

Brianne Pitts-Wells said...

Love the birthday decor. And that cool dresser too. The hats turned out great. Noah is one lucky boy to have such an awesome mom!