March 1, 2011

taking the joke too far

hazel loves clothes
but lately
she wants to be naked
unless she can match me or olive
so today she and i both wore
black leggings and black shirts
(we don't have many matching outfits)
and i was wearing red lipstick
so i put a little on her, too
she loved it
but apparently i didn't put hers on
bold enough...
so she took matters into her own hands
 don't mind that she's crying
she does not like being in trouble
 here's where she stashed my red lipstick
and a towel
and here she is
still crying
after i wiped her face clean
and now she's fallen asleep
right in this spot
on my bed
exhausted from causing mischief

12 comments:

Monica said...

That is the sweetest, saddest thing. I love sweet and sad.

Monica said...

She did a similar thing at our house when she went through my purse. She handed me my lipgloss after helping herself and said "wips". I love wips!

Aimee said...

Its hard trying to be like mommy!!!

Kate Clayton said...

Love that Hazel. She is too cute!

Laurel said...

Those pictures are so sad! But she is so cute trying to be like you. What a sweetie.

Jackie said...

Poor Hazel...but these pictures are just too hilarious...they will be great blackmail pictures some day. =] I just caught up on your blog! Kids are cute as ever, congrats on the new van, and I hope you are able to figure out what is wrong with you soon and continue to feel better!

Daniel, Sara, Dmitri & Paige said...

Oh my goodness!! Okay... totally adorable that she loves matching you and Olive - but bummer about your lipstick, and the mess! It's still pretty cute though :)

andre'a said...

French, that's HILARIOUS! I love the she has to match either of you. And of course she loves red lipstick.

andre'a said...

P.S.) got my first hair sliver today in my left foot. Had tweezers and got it out but boy did it hurt!

andre'a said...

we're going to the airport soon. Talk to you after our little adventure? Love you.

Natalie Smith said...

haha...i have pictures of me like this with my mom's mascara! i just love the super sad "i got in trouble" face that follows!

lilibet said...

Awwwww...I didn't like being in trouble for that either. It's still funny, though!