March 5, 2011

marathon training: week 1

monday: 3 miles
wednesday: 4 miles
friday: 3 miles
saturday: 5 miles

i just finished week 1 (of 16-17)
of marathon training
i am not completely committed to the full marathon
i figured i would start training and see how i feel
i will at least be doing the half if not the full

every week i am supposed to run monday (short), tuesday (medium), thursday (short), saturday (long)
but the weather was crazy this last week
so i improvised a little
though i do typically run on the treadmill at a gym
i didn't feel like shoveling my car out to go
after we had like 21 inches of snow

running felt good
i don't love the thought of being away from the fam on saturdays
so we went on the trail between pullman and moscow
as a family
and michael and i took turns pushing the stroller
it was a little chaotic with the kids
getting in and out
crying
michael wore olive for part of it
etc
but it was fun to be active as a family
and i think we'll try it again next week

8 comments:

andre'a said...

French, I miss you! And I'm so proud of you! Woot-woot!

andre'a said...

Remember, there's no such thing as bad weather (ha.). Just not having the right equipment. (or so they say..."they" need to spend a day here with me...)

andre'a said...

GOOD JOB! I'm soooo excited!

Ryan said...

Wow Tacho! That's awesome!!! I'm realizing that it's different for everyone. When I'm running, it's to get away from my life and when I'm done I'm glad to get back to it. It's kind of my therapy time. I'm glad you're doing so well.

Daniel, Sara, Dmitri & Paige said...

Good job! I've thought about trying a half marathon... but I'm not a runner! I think I might try this thing you call training. We'll see if it works for me! :)

Natalie Smith said...

Good job Rachael! Impressive results for week 1!

Kristin said...

Good for you! Training is hard, but it makes you feel so good (well after all the sore muscles go away, right?). I can't wait to hear about your progress!

Christie said...

nice work! and way to go on getting your family involved. I say there's nothing wrong with "just" doing a half marathon. but I'm sure you could do the full one!