February 17, 2011

what's wrong with me?

this afternoon i felt a weird pain in my back/abdomen
on the right side
i disregarded it until michael came home
and i complained to him about it
he suggested i go to the doctor
and even scheduled me an appointment
i wasn't sure if i should go or not
because the pain was kind of off and on
but i went anyway
the doctor took my urine
and made sure i wasn't pregnant
but said i have blood in my urine
and thinks i have a kidney stone
but just to make sure
she sent me to the hospital to get an x-ray
and cat scan
she called me with the results
and said they couldn't see a kidney stone
i do have one vertebrae that is weird...
something might be going on with my lymph nodes..
it doesn't appear to be my appendix
but she is still guessing it's a kidney stone
that is either in my bladder already
or small and was missed on the cat scan
ho hum
the pain seems to be getting worse
so michael is filling my prescription
of pain medication
and buying me sickie treats
if the pain gets bad tonight i'm supposed to go to the ER
we'll see

13 comments:

Debbie Olson said...

oh no!!! The momma can't be sick! Praying for you! Hugs and kisses.

miriam said...

yikes! I hope they figure it out and your pain goes away!

Ben said...

Rach, I had a lot of pain that was a result of scar tissue and some endometriosis from my c-sections. I went to the ER and countless Dr's appts. I also tend to have blood in my urine when the endometriosis acts up. I'm so sorry!!! It hurts so bad!!! I even had my gallbladder taken out because they thought that was the problem. Call me at home if you want to discuss. Sorry!!!! Love you! ~Tawn

Kate Clayton said...

Oh Rachael. That is terrible. I hope you feel better! Take care of yourself and let me know if you need anything.

Natalie Smith said...

I hope you don't have to go to the ER. Passing those stones is super painful. I haven't had to do it, but my hubby has and it was the saddest thing I have ever witnessed. Hope you feel better quickly.

lilibet said...

Oh, I'm so sorry! I thought they had something now that they could point and shoot at the stone and it would dissolve it.

Marilou said...

:( Oh no! I hope you feel better soon!

Kirsten said...

Oh goodness! I hope it goes away soon!

Erin said...

Man, that sounds awful! I hope you feel better soon!

The Asay's said...

Oh man, I am sorry. I hope that they figure things out, and you start feeling better. If you guys need anything you can always knock on our door.

Shirley said...

I hope the pain goes away. It is so hard having little ones and to be sick yourself. You are so lucky to have Michael to care for you. Love you.

andre'a said...

French, I'm still worried about this all. I hope you're okay.

andre'a said...

LOVE YOU!