January 2, 2011

resolutions

resolutions kind of stress me out
i don't like to fail at things
so i'd rather not set goals
you know what i mean?
but, it's the beginning of a new year
and there are some things i need to work on
so....
here it goes
some things i'd like to work on in 2011
  • run a marathon
  • read my scriptures every day
  • remember and acknowledge everyone in my family's birthdays (parents, siblings, nieces and nephews, in laws, etc. i have this goal every year....but if i miss the first one i give up on the rest immediately)
phew, i did it
now hopefully i can make it through

14 comments:

Brooks and Heather Lively said...

Good resolutions! You can totally do all those things, no problem! Wish I was doing the marathon with you! Maybe next year!

andre'a said...

LOVE THOSE RES'S!

andre'a said...

love you even more!

andre'a said...

can't wait to be there when you run that marathon!

andre'a said...

not fuh nuthin, but that is a VERY good look for you.

andre'a said...

p.s.) used my apron for the first time today (made a gigantic batch of hummus...my new 2nd BFF!) and it was so handy!

andre'a said...

I love you!

andre'a said...

p.s. again) I'm trying something unusual for my res. I'm going to allow myself one snack each evening. Weird, huh? Still eat healthy throughout the day and then really enjoy that snack, whatever that may be for the day. What do you think?

andre'a said...

LOVE YOU!

lilibet said...

I hear you on making goals, but it's a necessary evil. Keep us updated on marathon training!

Monica said...

It's a good feeling when you actually stick to it for a whole year. I think you'll do great!

Erin said...

Those are great resolutions! I always set unrealistic goals and wonder why I don't reach them!

The Cornett Family said...

I'm totally with you on the birthday thing. January is a big birthday month in our families, and I always end up forgetting someone and then just throw the rest out the window!! P.S. Where the heck is Denny's? And also, you look so super cute in your Denny's picture!

Aimee said...

Those goals you have are great! I think I can say that the birthday goal would be tough for me.....Good luck!