June 10, 2010

the nursery so far

and the specifics
white slipcovered ikea tullsta chair
we bought at goodwill for $13 and the slipcover
came from ikea's as is for $8
the ottoman i just re did
though as soon as i'm feeling energetic
the legs will get some white spray paint
white curtains from target
pink pillow i made

these are two ikea dressers
we painted a while ago
pink drawers with white knobs
the mirror is from goodwill for $4 
we spray painted it white

our $125 stokke crib from craigslist
is now painted white
that was a much bigger project than we hoped
but we love how it looks

i made this little mobile yesterday
our of some fabric flowers and wire

things aren't quite done
we're talking about painting a wall or two gray 
and maybe buying some sort of storage baskets
to hold diapers and such
on top of the dresser
oh and some bedding could be good
but i'll have to make it if i want it
because stokke bedding is super expensive
either way
i feel much more prepared than i did last week
now i should maybe start packing a hospital bag
and figure out who will watch our kids...

14 comments:

Brooks and Heather Lively said...

I LOVE the room! I want to come see it in real life! We are willing to watch your kids too if you need someone :)

Kate Clayton said...

Looks beautiful. You really are so talented. I could see you on one of those reality t.v. shows where people redecorate houses for super cheap...Amazing!

katrin said...

you have such a talent for decorating and all things fashion-esque : )
ily!

Natalie Smith said...

It came together perfectly! Looks awesome! So soft and inviting.

Monica said...

It looks like heaven. She'll have an easier transition that way.

miriam said...

oh her room is so beautiful!
and we are available for kid watching.... :o)

Jazzy said...

Lookin' good! I love that crib. How cool.

Trudy G. said...

Beautiful room. I love the crib.

Lyd Stew said...

I am completely blown away! You really have an eye for things, and I'm totally serious when I ask, will you take a look at my living room and give me some pointers or some thrifty ideas? I would pay you- I'm not even kidding!

Lyd Stew said...

Hey- or I would trade you baby announcements :) http://stewartstudio.blogspot.com/
You are so creative though- I bet you already have those done. :)

Brianne Pitts-Wells said...

Love it Rachael. The mirror is so awesome and I love the ottoman and crib. It looks great, you really are talented.

Daniel, Sara, Dmitri & Paige said...

Her room looks so pretty and calming! I'm sure you can totally make the bedding, and find more awesome fabric!!

Laurel said...

That looks amazing!

Unknown said...

Looks good!! You've got talent. We'll always watch your kids you know, so if you need us to, let me know!