March 6, 2010

babymoon

you may not know this
but there was a time michael and i didn't have kids
it was a week
in hawaii
right after our wedding
we called it our honeymoon
it was wonderful
other than the nagging feeling that i'd just left my baby  (14 month old) for the first time
because i had
but we enjoyed our week of life without a child
then when we were pregnant with hazel
we decided a to take another mini honeymoon
and had a night or two in a hotel in seattle
and shopped for our little girl who was on the way
and called it a babymoon
and well now we are expecting yet another little baby girl
and thanks to grandparents
we're going on another babymoon
so we can pretend just for a few days
that we are a couple of kids
not parents
and enjoy each other again
though we don't have the resources to go back to hawaii
so we'll probably be a lot less tan afterward
dang it

12 comments:

Kirsten said...

That sounds great! I think maybe we'll try something like that sometime.

Laurel said...

I think a babymoon is the best idea ever! Mind if I steal it?

ps- CUTE hair!

pps- I wish I were tan...

Monica said...

I'd take it, even without the tan.

lilibet said...

That is such a sweet idea. Alas, no more babies for me to do babymoons with. I guess that means I'll get to go on a real vacation sooner, though. :D

Unknown said...

Whenever baby #2 comes along I hope I can book me a babymoon, that sounds lovely. I would kill for a full night's sleep.

kellyfam1633 said...

come to Texas!!!

Grandma said...

This grandparent, for one, is excited that you get a babymoon. (Since she will help spoil the two you are leaving behind!)

Natalie Smith said...

Good for you guys!!! You deserve it...

Jessica from Daisydotdesign.blogspot.com said...

I also think this is a great thing, Chad and I went on our first big trip (a cruise) just before we became pregnant with Kherrington. I think it's a definite must before another one comes too!

Daniel, Sara, Dmitri & Paige said...

I think a babymoon is an excellent idea!! Honeymoons are good too I guess :)
I would totally open up my house to you guys! Lol is that weird?

andre'a said...

p.s.) Hawaii, depending on the company and time constraints, can also NOT be the most relaxing paradise in the world. Just a note...

andre'a said...

who needs skin cancer, anyway?