February 27, 2010

even steven

michael goes shooting with some guys from church this morning
leaving me with two naked (just bathed) kids
who have been sick all week
i cleaned our house while he was gone
including scrubbing our light (super stained) carpet on hands and knees
cared for our children
and tried not to have a grudge with him
michael comes home 4 hours (FOUR HOURS) later
and leaves a track of dirty foot prints the entire way from our front door to our bedroom
so...
he purchased us something we've definitely been needing and is using it for the first time right now

meet bissel proheat 2x
the newest addition to our household

12 comments:

Daniel, Sara, Dmitri & Paige said...

WOOHOO! Carpet cleaner are awesome. The before and after is always a surprising difference though X}
And yes... pretty sure I've had one or two of those two type this day. Except I have one child, and didn't get an awesome carpet cleaner :[

leighmichellec said...

that is awesome, you deserve it! I wish i had one, it would make everything so much easier!

Natalie Smith said...

ooo...That is a great thing to have! I wouldn't mind one myself!

Brianne Pitts-Wells said...

Lucky duck. Every time Scott goes shooting (with a gun he recently purchased without telling me! Grrrr) I try not to shoot him dirty looks too.

Brooks and Heather Lively said...

Ohhhh! Nice! Let me know how that works out for you! I see one of those bad boys in our near future!

lilibet said...

Huh. My husband does stuff like that all the time to me and doesn't seem to think it's a problem, even when I tell him it is. Your husband is SO awesome.

Unknown said...

I ran across your blog and hope you don't mind me reading it. I had the same "FOUR HOURS" thought cross my mind as well today, although it sounded like they had fun. All Ammon could talk about was shooting some .50 cal gun, whatever that is. If only he knew I was home thinking about how much I hate guns.

Anonymous said...

wiggity wiggity what?! that's so kool!

Ben said...

We have that exact same carpet cleaner! I love it and use it all the time! I'm kind of obsessed! We've had it for a year and a half and it still works like new!

Monica said...

We have the same one!!! It's wonderful!

Unknown said...

Ooooh, I want one:)! It would be so nice to have clean carpets...an impossible feat with messy little buggers.

Anonymous said...

nice post. thanks.