January 11, 2010

my hilarious husband


tonight i was getting dinner ready
waiting for michael to come home
when the phone rang
and i went to get the phone
and i noticed noah looking out the window at some flashing lights
the second set we've seen tonight
i saw it was michael calling
and i thought i should tell him to be careful because
there are a lot of people getting pulled over right by our house
when i answered he said
"hurry and get the camera if you want to take a picture of me getting pulled over for a burnt headlight"
who calls while they're pulled over?!
i loved it
i seriously thought it was the most hilarious thing ever
so i opened our back door and let noah and hazel look at their dad pulled over
and i quickly took the above picture
noah yelled "Daddy, look at the ambulance!!"
the cop said, "don't worry everything's alright"
to reassure noah and he let michael off the hook
it was so funny
michael---you're the best

18 comments:

kellyfam1633 said...

I love it! The Olson version or Cops. Ben is going to be so jealous!

Monica said...

That's hilarious! My kids would be freaking out!

Kirsten said...

That is great! Thanks for sharing (and that is really funny that he called to tell you to take a picture).

Laurel said...

I love that you documented this. lol We've had a burnt light forever! Guess I should get on that...

Brooks and Heather Lively said...

That's so funny! I love that you took a picture!

Debbie Olson said...

You guys have the best life!!!!!

Natalie Smith said...

Oh my gosh! That is too funny!

Christie said...

hahaha that is priceless! especially Noah warning his dad about the ambulance. your family is the best!

andre'a said...

you are HILARIOUS! (that's to michael and to you for actually doing it).

andre'a said...

I love it!

miriam said...

awesome.

Daniel, Sara, Dmitri & Paige said...

Lol well that's nice the police officer let him off with a warning! :D
But really - I'd be too scared to use my phone while getting pulled over! XD

lilibet said...

Hmm, I'll call next time I get a ticket (never have, thank heaven) and maybe Travis will think it's too funny to care. :) Great tactic!

andre'a said...

you up yet?

andre'a said...

miss you.

andre'a said...

feels like we haven't talked in ages.

Danielle said...

We were just getting out of the car when that happened. Ellie was noticing the pretty lights. :) Too funny!

andre'a said...

hi olson family,
didn't get to talk last night. can't wait to hear what happened but it's 4:42 a.m. your time. love you!!