January 20, 2010

loving my new serger

last night michael had to study
rather than hanging out with me
boo
so he strongly encouraged me to try out my new serger
i hadn't touched it since the day we got it
and michael was getting anxious to see how it worked
you might say i was a little intimidated
but i tried it last night
and it was awesome
i made this little sweater dress for hazel super fast

then i finished a skirt i started a while ago
and added a little heart to a onesie of hers


thanks for my serger, michael
and making me use it
finally

16 comments:

Brooks and Heather Lively said...

Fun! You're so talented... teach me your ways!!!

Monica said...

Wow! You are so talented ~ even more so with the right tools.

mr.olson said...

I always knew you were awesome, even before you got a serger.

Kate Clayton said...

Soooo cute! I really wish I knew how to sew. I am such a dork...that while reading your post, I was thinking to myself "What is a serger?" I have a long way to go.

Jessica from Daisydotdesign.blogspot.com said...

Oh how fun. I love sergers. but I better use my sewing machine more before I can justify a serger!!! They make everything look so much more finished. Cute little outfits!

Christie said...

cute clothes. and I love Hazel's hair!

Brianne Pitts-Wells said...

love the sweater dress!

Brian said...

That sweater dress is SUPER CUTE!! Great Job!!

Daniel, Sara, Dmitri & Paige said...

I agree! The serger does look intimidating - but it works wonders! Love love love her dress and skirt! :D

Natalie Smith said...

Lil' Miss Creative you are. They both turned out AMAZING!

andre'a said...

that is sooo awesome!!!

andre'a said...

good job!

andre'a said...

woot woot!

andre'a said...

where's my outfit?

andre'a said...

still waiting....

Garrett and Valerie Isham said...

rachael, i love your style and i love it even more that its stuff you create! you're so good at it. what a fun mom you are!