December 12, 2009

hazel melts my heart

of course there are some things about hazel i wish were different
i wish she hadn't begged her way to a
pizza-cookie-lucky charms breakfast this morning
i wish she didn't hit me when she gets mad
but she gives me so much to love
this morning after her very unhealthy breakfast
i got her undressed and took off her diaper
so she ran away, which i expected
i followed her
she went straight to her room and peed on the floor a little bit
trying to sit on her pink ikea potty seat
when she finally got situated on it
all by herself
she peed the rest of the way
what a good girl
she is so ready to be potty trained
and as if that didn't make me proud enough
a little while later
after i got her dressed
she walked out of her room
holding desitin and a diaper
saying baby
looking for her two dollar store dolls
to diaper one
then came out with both and a blanket to wrap them in
what a good mommy
i just love that girl

7 comments:

Daniel, Sara, Dmitri & Paige said...

Woohoo! Gotta love that she is willing to learn to potty train! I think that's the biggest hurdle!
And so sweet with her dolls! What a good little mommy :D

Natalie Smith said...

I love moments like that.

I hope she sticks with the potty because Rylee was super excited and now she doesn't care to do more then sit and look cute on it!

Kate Clayton said...

I just made a post about Max melting my heart. I know how you feel. It's amazing how much we love our children.

andre'a said...

you are so cute, Frenchie!

andre'a said...

And Hazel takes after you the same way...

andre'a said...

not fuh nuthin' (Connie) but I feel like you're holding back on here...

Monica said...

How sweet! She's growing up isn't she?!?