December 17, 2009

handmade Christmas presents....check!

in my family we exchange names
so we're only supposed to buy gifts for one family
but i just hate to not do anything for all of my nieces and nephews
so i usually just do a little something
this year i decided to make
superhero capes

with each of their initials on the back

and a magnet closure

i think they're pretty fun
and i hope they all like them

so i made 16 capes for my nieces and nephews
3 for michael's nieces and nephew
1 for his double cousin's daughter
and for my youngest niece
i made my first bib

all in all i'm glad i did it
and i'm glad i'm done
now i just have to think of a creative way to package them
and maybe some superhero candy to go with

19 comments:

Burkulater said...

I love these! Looks like you need an etsy shop!

andre'a said...

i LOVE them!

andre'a said...

hey. where's mine?

andre'a said...

feeling left out here...

andre'a said...

out in the cold

andre'a said...

brrrr....

Jody said...

Handmade home run... they will LOVE them and always remember the fun.

Laurel said...

Such a cute idea! We just made a cape with a velcro neck, but I like the magnet idea!

leighmichellec said...

I am totally thinking you could market these!!! I woul totally buy one, how much would you charge?
:)

Jazzy said...

That's impressive and such a cute idea.

Christie said...

I'm impressed. and so nice of Noah to model them for you! we draw names in our family too, but I agree it's hard not to get a little something for everyone.

Monica said...

My kiddles are so blessed to have a aunts like you and Pinks!

Garrett and Valerie Isham said...

haha thats SO cute!! what a fun idea

Brian said...

You better believe those hero capes are going to be the hit at Christmas!! Totally Fun!!

Daniel, Sara, Dmitri & Paige said...

They look awesome!! Dang - you made A TON! Martha Stewart always has cute wrapping ideas!

lilibet said...

I want to buy one, too! Of course, the problem with making cute things that people want to buy is that you aren't necessarily interested in making more. :)

lilibet said...

How about folding them up so they look like the wrapping paper and tying some pretty satin ribbon around them. It'll be a surprise when they open them.

Janet said...

Thank you for the capes. I do think they are adorable and I know the kids will be dressing up with them soon! It was so thoughtful of you and very creative as usual!

Fran Ross said...

What an awesome idea! I really need to take a sewing class so I can learn the basics. If I'm lucky I'll be half as creative as you in a couple years.