June 11, 2009

this will do just fine

michael and i have had an ongoing debate about desks
he thinks he needs a desk for the computer
and an empty desk for studying
i agree we need a desk for the computer
but really? an empty desk for studying?
too much
use the same desk
anyway
i think i need a sewing desk
it's so annoying to get the sewing machine out every time you want to use it
and then put it away only to discover you need it again shortly
of course michael doesn't see the importance
and he doesn't enjoy seeing my sewing machine on our kitchen table much either
so being the awesome husband that he is
and in his words, "have i ever not given you what you want?"
he asked what we should do tonight
and i told him i want a sewing desk
so off to goodwill we went
with only 30 minutes until they closed
(7:00 seriously?! i guess we must be in the middle of no where)
we went and within a minute found this little jewel
hand painted with love i'm sure
and with a perfect price $6.00
ok, you know i would've loved it for free...

so into the trunk she went
and into our GIGANTIC dining room closet she sits
which i love since i can close the doors when i'm done


don't mind the awful curtains hanging on the right
they were once hanging in every window but i couldn't stand them
so they're going to hang out right next to me while i sew
i can handle that

there's even room for my luggage full of fabric

i'm so excited
i love my new little sewing nook

8 comments:

Laurel said...

NICE! It's perfect!

Christie said...

I'm excited for you! I think that desk was made for you and your sewing machine. Good find... and good job Michael for being a wonderful husband!

Dawn said...

that...is...awesome!!!

Monica said...

It is perfect!! It seems like it was meant for you to have it ~ painted perfectly, fits in the pantry, etc. Good score!

Daniel, Sara, Dmitri & Paige said...

You have a Bernina?! Oh I'm totally jeaous! I aspire to own one - one day. There's a fancy one that I'm sure is like a million dollars - but I keep holding out hope for it :)
And the desk is adorable! I love the paint. I also use the kitchen table - and it droves my husband nuts :}

Kelsey Danielle said...

I love it!! super cute! yeah i'm so glad I moved my sewing machine into my room. My house doesn't look like a fabric bomb went off anymore! Jt says it always looks like I sew with a chain saw since string and bits of fabric are all over the floor at the end of a project! men just don't understand!

Unknown said...

a sewing nook?? ~le sigh~ color me jealous...so cute!

Sara Sue said...

he said "have i ever not given you what you want?"???
he's a keeper! and that is my favorite quote of the week!